In cooperated with Freescale, the largest semiconductor maker for the automotive industry, High Gain Tuning (HGT) has developed a High Performance two stroke Engine Management System (EMS) for today’s most popular 2 cycle engines used in all facets of off road and track racing Motorsports. It uses the latest Freescale 16 bit microprocessor, S12P, which combines High Performance with low cost including Freescale's latest small-engine ASIC MC33812, a highly integrated all-in-one chip, including fuel injection driver, ignition driver, voltage regulator, ISO9141, etc. The HGT 2T EFI ECU is designed to meet world-class quality standards, while remaining low cost. It performs in the harshest of hot and cold environments and is resistant to noise, vibration, corrosion and water intrusion.
This ECU offering has a compact size and is easy to install. It supports various two stroke cc displacements from 49cc to 1300cc including dual, triple and quad cylinder displacements. Its duel injector staged strategy available in the "Extreme" ECU can support engines turning up to 16,000 rpm
The HGT 2T EMS supports the following inputs and outputs :
• Engine Speed Variable Reluctant Sensors (VRS) including multi-tooth high resolution flywheels and Digital CDI inputs
• Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor doubles as a Barometric Sensor
• Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
• Intake air temperature sensor (IAT)
• Engine (coolant) temperature sensor (ECT)
• Vehicle speed hall-effect sensor (VSS)
• 1-4 staged injector drivers
• 1-4 ignition coil drivers
• Fuel pump relay driver
• MIL lamp driver
HGT CAL ECU software functionalities:
• Charge detection and prediction
• Fuel injection duration and timing controls
• Spark angle controls
• Fuel pump controls
• Transient fuel compensations
• Altitude compensations
• Temperature compensations (winter, summer, etc.)
• Engine protections
• Diagnostics and serial communications.
We have also developed our own proprietary software (HGT CAL) for full engine control capabilities, including communications, diagnostics, calibrations, etc.